5 Reasons Why More Grey Nomads Are Travelling Via Caravan
After retirement, many people find themselves wanting to travel. However, they often find that their days of bungee jumping in New Zealand and hiking to see Machu Pichu are behind them. Retirees are looking for a way of travel that allows them freedom, relaxation, a lifestyle they can enjoy for many years which is why many are turning to invest in caravans. Laguna Lodge’s caravan park in Sussex Inlet sees more and more grey nomads coming to enjoy the beautiful lakeside facilities, so we wanted to understand why more retirees are choosing to travel via caravan. Here are just a few of the reasons we’ve deduced.
1. Freedom to travel on your terms
In the opinion of grey nomads, one of the most appealing things about travelling via caravan is the sheer freedom it offers. When travelling via caravan, you can choose…
- With whom you travel. You can travel solo, with friends, with family members, or with strangers you meet along the way. Whether you feel like having company or just experiencing life on your own for a while, caravaning allows you to spend as much (or as little) time with others.
- Which way you go. As long as there is a caravan park for you to arrive in at the end of a long day, you can choose to go wherever you want. We have so many grey nomads spontaneously checking into the Laguna Lodge lakeside caravan park at Sussex Inlet!
- When you want to leave. You can stay for as short or as long a stay as you’d like! If you’ve decided to stay somewhere and it isn’t your cup of tea, you can get back on the road and head somewhere more to your tastes. Alternatively, you can stay in one place for a little longer than you anticipated as well, which is often the case at our caravan park at Sussex Inlet. Grey nomads will blow in intending to stay for a couple of days and end up spending the week in our scenic waterfront accommodation.
- What kind of lifestyle you want to live. On the road, you can live as decadently or as frugally as you’d like! That all depends on your financial situation. However, no one says you don’t have to be earning an income on the road. Many grey nomads take on casual cleaning, maintenance, or fruit picking jobs for a couple of days to supplement their pensions. Other nomads create things in their downtime on the road and then sell their crafts at markets or to other nomads. Nearby to your Sussex Inlet caravan park at Laguna Lodge is the Sussex Inlet markets which fall on the second Saturday of every month.
2. Easier to be self-reliant
When it’s just you, your significant other, and the great open road you won’t need to rely on anyone else. There are no expectations or misunderstandings; it’s just peace and tranquillity for thousands of kilometres. If you want to be genuinely self-sufficient for a few weeks, pack your portable freezer with enough food and go completely off-grid for a while. While close to the town, our lakeside caravan park in Sussex Inlet offers grey nomads peace and the opportunity to be left to their own devices for as long as they’d like.
3. More opportunity to get away for the weekend
If you don’t want to commit to living in your caravan full-time, you wouldn’t be alone. Rather than call their caravans home, many retirees are investing in caravans to make getting away more painless than ever. When you have a caravan, gone are the days of stressing about accommodation and worrying about check-in and check-out times. You can take spontaneous vacations with ease. Laguna Lodge’s Sussex Inlet accommodation caravan park is perfect for those mid-week getaways retirees have the freedom to take. Just pack some swimmers, walking shoes, your favourite book, and head out to Sussex Inlet to recharge for the week.
4. Get to see more of Australia
There are some places in this vast country that you would never see unless you travel via the roads. These are the places where you’ll find the untouched natural beauty of Australia, and you’ll remember exactly why you set out on this epic road adventure in the first place. Here are some of our favourite destinations perfect for caravan enthusiasts;
- New South Wales: We’re biased, but Sussex Inlet is one of the most stunning places on NSW’s south coast. Crystal clear waters, an abundance of wildlife, and a lakeside caravan park in Sussex Inlet; what more could you want?!
- Northern Territory: The Mataranka Bitter Springs are located just south of Katherine and are one of the finest examples of natural beauty this country has to offer. This little oasis’s water is bright blue and naturally heated by thermal vents all year round, making it the perfect spot for a dip.
- Queensland: Charters Towers is a time capsule town that looks as though it were ripped out of 1910. This old gold mining town has dozens of heritage-listed buildings scattered throughout, making it an extraordinary place to visit.
- South Australia: Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre National Park is the lowest point in Australia at 15.2m below sea level. Once every eight years, the lake fills, making for stunning displays of colour and native wildlife as the animals flock to enjoy the water. You can only access this site via roads, making it perfect for caravaning grey nomads.
5. Meeting lots of like-minded people
While you have the freedom to travel alone for as long as you’d like, many grey nomads find they build solid friendships with other nomads on the road. Living life freely in a caravan has perks that only other nomads can appreciate, so friendships are developed over a BBQ, a couple of beers, and many exciting anecdotes of caravan adventures. We’ve found that there are often little communities of caravan enthusiasts developed on the shores of our caravan park in Sussex Inlet. It has become a place people can return to knowing friends will be coming and going all year round.
Why Stay At Laguna Lodge’s Sussex Inlet Caravan Park?
Sussex Inlet is one of the most beautiful coastal towns NSW has to offer. Our lakeside caravan park in Sussex Inlet offers unparalleled tranquillity and allows you to sit back and recharge while immersed in the natural beauty of the south coast. You can be as active or as inactive as you like in Sussex Inlet. If you’re up to it, there’s plenty of hiking, cycling, swimming, and exploring to be done. Otherwise, you can fish leisurely off the jetty or lounge by Laguna Lodge’s solar-heated pool all day long. When you stay at our caravan park in Sussex Inlet, you can genuinely exhale and be at peace. If you’d like to inquire about our caravan park facilities, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.